Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's Blooming Time!


I was sitting outside with my kids yesterday just enjoying the afternoon. There were huge bumblebees all around, baby dragonflies and even a few ants. My two-year-old was amazed by all the bugs. He had a few close encounters with low-flying bumblebees that really freaked him out, but he kept going back for more. It was so neat to watch him take it all in.

Our grass is full of pretty purple and yellow wildflowers, which my husband keeps promising to mow, but I think they're very pretty and hope they stay just a couple more days.

For this card, I used Simple Beauty, the March Stamp of the Month by Close To My Heart (CTMH). I used my new square scalloped giga punch by Marvy. I'm sure I'll get lots of use out of that one. I used a few different types of markers on the flowers, including my new Copic marker. I only have one for now, but I can sense that my collection will grow very soon. I also used a couple Sakura Gelly Roll pens, which are so much fun to use. For the dot in the middle of the flower, I added a dot of Ranger Glossy Accents.

No comments: