Monday, April 21, 2008

Flower Fairies

I have had this set of CTMH Flower Fairies in my collection for a while. My daughter has played with them, but I hadn't made anything with these until tonight.

I used my Marvy Uchida Giga Punch for the scalloped square. The scalloped circle was made using my 1 7/16" maker by The Paper Studio. These come in four different sizes, but I have yet to find the largest size on the shelf at Hobby Lobby. They sell out quickly! Same for the Marvys.

I used a few different markers to color in the image. I started with Zig photo twins for the skin tone and dress color. I also used Zigs for the wings. I used my copics to color in the flowers.
I also spoke with someone that I know with The Angel Company TAC today and she told me about a neat shading technique. I took the fine tip of a Marvy LePlume II in Oyster Grey and outlined the entire image. It really gives the image more depth. Thank you fot the tip Margo!

No comments: