Saturday, April 19, 2008

House Mouse Stamps


I don't own many stamps with wooden handles, but every time I go to the craft store, I check out the House Mouse stamps. I'm always on the lookout for cute HM stamps online as well. I stumbled across an auction that had these two stamps listed together.
The background stamp is Stampa Rosa L 25-2107 and I do believe that it is a HM stamp. It is an older stamp dated 1999. It was much larger, but I trimmed it down a bit. I was thrilled to win it. I've never seen it before, so it's a gem in my stamp collection. The mouse is Monica and is also an older stamp dated 1998 manufactured by Stampa Rosa.
All of my other HM stamps are manufactured by Stampabilities and I don't know much about the manufacturer name change.
I colored some of the background in with copic markers and used Zig Photo Twins to color in the mouse and floors. I like the watercolor effect of the Zigs. I'm still trying to get used to the Copics, but I really do like them.
On my most recent venture to Wal*Mart, I bought a big bag of assorted buttons for $1.50, which I used to embellish this card. I also stamped the word Celebrate in CTMH White Daisy ink with my CTMH From Me To You stamp set. As a final enhancement, I decided to draw stitches around the perimeter of the card with my ever-so-loved Uniball Signo white pen... best pen ever!

No comments: