Thursday, September 25, 2008

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! The Oscar the Grouch Way.


Who doesn't love Oscar the Grouch. He's the ultimate recycler.
As I drove through town today, passing by all the gas stations with no more gas and the long line of cars at the one station in town that did have gas, one word kept popping up in my head, well actually two.. Consumption and PANIC!! I was also reminded of how simple life is in Sesame Street. Sigh!!
For this card, I pulled paper from my scrap pile. The dandelion paper came from a Miss Elizabeth's paper pack that I bought several years ago. I recently opened it when I was making crafts with my daughter. I crumpled the paper and distresed it with some CTMH ink in Bamboo. It's gotta look a little dirty to go on a card with an Oscar The Grouch stamp! I colored the image with Sharpie, Bic and Copic markers.
I got this stamp for 50% off at Hobby Lobby. It's called Oscar Loves Trash by Stampabilities.

1 comment:

Ethel Amutan said...

Everybody loves OSCAR!!!! Especially an Oscar who recycles! LOL! Charity, I've tagged you on my blog. I hope you have time to check it out!